TL;DR: Webinar Product Discovery Anti-Patterns — April 10th, 2018
Scrum has proven to be a practical product delivery framework for digital products like applications or apps. However, Scrum is equally suited to build the wrong product efficiently as its Achilles heel has always been the product discovery part. What product discovery part, you may think now. And this is precisely the point: The product owner miraculously identifies what the best way to proceed as a team by gating and prioritizing the product backlog is. How that is supposed to happen is nowhere described in the Scrum Guide. Consequently, when everyone is for himself, product discovery anti-patterns emerge.
From sunk costs, HIPPO-ism, my-budget-my-features to self-fulfilling prophecies — learn more about the numerous product discovery anti-patterns that can manifest themselves when you try to fill Scrum’s product discovery void.
Update 2018-04-14: The Slide Deck of Webinar Product Discovery Anti-Patterns Is Available
The slide deck of the webinar is available:
If the slide deck will not work within this browser window, please click here to browse the slide deck of the webinar product discovery anti-patterns directly on Slideshare.
I will make both the screencast as well the transcript of the webinar available at a later stage.
📅 Hands-on Agile Webinars
Download your invitations:
- April 24th, 2018: Webinar #2: Agile Maturity and Agility Assessment
- May 8th, 2018: Webinar #3: Product Backlog Anti-Patterns
Note: All webinars are aired from 06:00 to 07:00 PM CEST. (That is 12:00 to 01:00 PM EDT or 09:00 to 10:00 AM PDT.)
Save the date: On April 24th, 2018, the second webinar will address product backlog refinement anti-patterns.
Hands-On Agile Webinar Series: Topics for 2018
I will run webinars for agile practitioners every two weeks on Tuesday, initially during the 6 pm CEST time-slot, see above. I plan to cover the following topics—not necessarily in this order, though:
- Career planning for agile practitioners:
- The 2018 edition of the 'Scrum Master Interview Questions'
- The 2018 edition of the 'Product Owner Interview Questions'
- How to get started at a new position as scrum master.
- Improving your skills as a scrum master, agile coach, or product owner:
- Scrum master thesis
- Product owner thesis
- Scrum master anti-patterns
- Product owner anti-patterns
- Useful agile metrics beyond velocity
- Selling the big picture of agile to the organization
- Communicating with stakeholders
- How to organize retrospectives.
- How to become a learning organization and agile failure patterns:
- How to make agile work not just in large startups
- Agile failure patterns in organizations
- Agile Maturity: How to identify the level of cargo cult agile in your organization
- Agile maturity: Is there a unified concept to understand the state of an organization and track its progress?
- Sprint Planning anti-patterns
- Sprint anti-patterns
- Sprint review anti-patterns.
There should be no shortage of suitable topics for the upcoming 20-plus webinars. See you on April 10th, 2018!
✋ Do Not Miss Out: Join the 2,850-plus Strong ‘Hands-on Agile’ Slack Team
I invite you to join the “Hands-on Agile” Slack team and enjoy the benefits of a fast-growing, vibrant community of agile practitioners from around the world.
If you like to join now all you have to do now is provide your credentials via this Google form, and I will sign you up. By the way, it’s free.