Hands-on Agile 2019 Conference
Almost three years into building this community, I believe we might now have achieved the critical mass to organize a great conference — the Hands-on Agile 2019 Conference. Currently, I would target the second quarter of 2019 for the first Hands-on Agile conference. To reduce complexity, I would plan for Berlin as its location although London might be an alternative.
Update 2018-08-12: The survey results are in — it is Berlin, see below.
Update 2018-08-12: The Survey Results Are in
We asked 4,500 European subscribers to the Food for Agile Thought newsletter to participate in the Hands-on Agile 2019 Conference survey, and about 350 answered the call:
- 65 percent of the respondents voted for Berlin over London.
- The Hands-on Agile 2019 Conference would be 2-days conference on a Thursday & Friday. (Including a workshop track on Tuesday and Wednesday.)
- The most wanted topics are business agility, “scaling agile,” and coaching techniques including games.
- The price range will likely be between € 250 and € 400 per ticket.
- The majority of respondents preferred a hybrid event with a preselected speaker track as well as a Barcamp-like track.
- Respondents expressed their willingness to support the conference: from spreading the news to volunteering at the venue.
Next step: The next step is the identification of a suitable venue. Once that task is accomplished, we can start talking to sponsors. I will keep you posted via the newsletter.
Hands-on Agile 2019 Conference Questionnaire
The Hands-on Agile 2019 Conference survey contains the following questions:
- What topics shall the Hands-on Agile 2019 conference address?
- How long should the conference be?
- What are your preferred conference days?
- Shall the conference be organized as a barcamp or be based on proposals of prospective speakers?
- Should the conference also offer workshops as separate track before it starts?
- Would you accept a higher ticket-price to fund (paid) keynote speakers?
- Would you accept sponsors? (Typically, a sponsor will be granted a prominent speaking slot.)
- What ticket price would you consider prohibitive?
- Would you contribute to the organization of the conference?
- Would you volunteer to spread the word about the conference?
- Would you join the organizing team?
- Would help run the conference?
- Would you suggest to talk or run a workshop at the conference?
Participate in the Hands-on Agile 2019 Conference survey now!
✋ Join Our 3,700-plus Strong Slack Community and Participate in the Discussion on the ‘Hands-on Agile Conference 2019’
I invite you to join the “Hands-on Agile” Slack team and enjoy the benefits of a fast-growing, vibrant community of agile practitioners from around the world.
If you like to join now all you have to do now is provide your credentials via this Google form, and I will sign you up. By the way, it’s free.