TL;DR: Scrum Master Salary Report 2024 — An Anonymous Poll by the Community for the Community
The purpose of this anonymous Scrum Master salary report is to create a clear, data-backed benchmark that allows everyone in the Agile community to understand whether their compensation is adequate. The report will cover Scrum Masters and Agile Coaches, both employed and freelancing.
The goal is to have at least 1,000 replies by the end of November 2023 to create the report in time for January 2024. Of course, the report will be available for free.
🇩🇪 Zur deutschsprachigen Version des Artikels: Die Anonyme Scrum Master Gehaltsumfrage 2024 — Jetzt mitmachen!
🗞 Shall I notify you about articles like this one? Awesome! You can sign up here for the ‘Food for Agile Thought’ newsletter and join 48,000-plus subscribers.
📖 Get notified when the Scrum Anti-Patterns Guide book is available!
The Agile Community Needs You: Join the Scrum Master Salary Report 2024
This anonymous survey aims to create a clear, data-backed benchmark that allows everyone in the agile community to understand whether their compensation is adequate. (The report will cover Scrum Masters and Agile Coaches, both employed and freelancing.) The goal is to have at least 1,000 replies by the end of November 2023 to create the report in time for January 2024.
The poll for the Scrum Master Salary Report 2024 covers the following categories of questions and will take about 5 minutes to complete:
- Professional background: What educational and professional background do you have? (Given that no formal education exists for our profession, this information can provide career patterns.)
- Industry: What industry are you working for? (We expect the IT and the finance industry to pay the highest remunerations. Also, larger organizations might pay better than smaller companies for the same position. Please help to verify the hypotheses.)
- Your current position: Please help us understand what you consider your current position to be — Scrum Master or Agile Coach — and how it compares to your peers‘ jobs. Our particular interests are the agile fluency state of your current organization, the size of the product delivery organization, and the length of your tenure.
- Prior and current work experience: This section covers your working experience with Agile practices.
- Current salary or remuneration: Finally, the last question: What is your income as a Scrum Master or Agile Coach? To be able to compare entries, you will need to normalize your answer; for example, convert your salary to US-$ – based on the current exchange rate –if you are not paid in US currency.
Lastly, please forward the survey questionnaire to colleagues and peers who might be interested in participating. The more data that we can collect and aggregate, the better the outcome.
Download the Free Scrum Master Salary Report 2023’
You can download the Scrum Master Salary Report 2023 here.
📅 Scrum Training Classes, Workshops, and Events
You can secure your seat for Scrum training classes, workshops, and meetups directly by following the corresponding link in the table below: