TL; DR: The vACB21’s Schedule, Session Proposals, Technology, and Workshops
The Agile Camp Berlin 2021 will be a virtual event from May 27-29, 2021.
We will spend three energizing days from 1 pm to 7 pm CEST at a live virtual Barcamp using open space technology principles and practices. The general conference language is English; sessions in other languages are welcome!
Read on and learn about the organization of the virtual Agile Camp Berlin 2021, its preliminary schedule, from your session proposals to session planning to the essential technology to enjoy the best possible experience.
🗞 Shall I notify you about articles like this one? Awesome! You can sign up here for the ‘Food for Agile Thought’ newsletter and join 30,000-plus other subscribers.
Get Your vACB21 Ticket now!
You can secure your Virtual Agile Camp Berlin 2021 ticket directly here. As a live virtual Barcamp, the number of participants is limited to 200 people:
If you are planning to purchase several tickets on behalf of your company, please contact us by email.
Please Spread the Word
We need your support to get the word out: Please help us spread the news of the virtual Agile Camp Berlin 2021; it will be more fun for everyone if more of our peers attend. As with previous events, ticket prices will only cover costs.
The Virtual Agile Camp Berlin 2021 Schedule
We will have three conference days instead of the in-person Agile Camp Berlin’s usual two days. Also, we need to invest more time preparing the vACB21, as for obvious reasons, we cannot improvise at the usual level when we go virtual. The great news is that we do not have to clean up the venue afterward. (Although it is incredible to see how fast that works when 30-40 people join the effort.)
So, the schedule of vACB21 looks as follows:
- May 20, 2021, from 4-6 pm: Session planning. (Please suggest your sessions in advance, as we need to set up the event software accordingly.)
- May 27, 2021, from 1-7 pm: Day 1 of the Agile Camp Berlin 2021.
- May 28, 2021, from 1-7 pm: Day 2 of the Agile Camp Berlin 2021.
- May 29, 2021, from 1-5 pm: Day 3 of the Agile Camp Berlin 2021.
- May 29, 2021, from 5-6 pm: Retrospective of the virtual Agile Camp Berlin 2021.
We will also have an additional prep session for the session hosts to check their technology.
The Technology of the Virtual Agile Camp Berlin 2021
You may have heard of the expression “Cambrian explosion” before. Beyond paleontology, it refers to when we suddenly observe a fundamental shift to more diversity in a specific field. At the moment, the software market for organizing virtual events goes through such a Cambrian explosion.
After checking out several contenders and even running trials, we plan to continue our journey from October 2020 based on Zoom, Slack, and Google Docs:
- Still, no vendor offers breakout rooms within breakout rooms—a critical issue for a live virtual Barcamp. On the other side, Zoom provides a flawless video and sound experience and breakout rooms that allow us to adhere to the law-of-two-feet, thus replicating the serendipity moments you enjoy during an in-person event at the coffee machines.
- For the sake of simplicity, we will again use Google Apps as our primary collaboration application. Please check the availability of those in advance if you are using a corporate VPN.
- For synchronous communication during the Agile Camp Berlin 2021, we will use a free Slack channel. Slack’s threshold of accessible messages on free channels is more than enough to support our communication needs during the ACB21.
- Additionally, we will branch out into a streaming track with popular speakers, offering an option for asynchronous participation. (The current plan is to have prerecorded content and engaging in live Q&A sessions with the respective speakers.)
So, technically speaking, all you need an up-to-date browser — preferably Chrome — to participate in the vACB21. We also recommend using an external microphone to improve your sound quality. Some sessions may require additional software to appreciate the intended experience fully. Those requirements will be listed in the description of the respective session.
The ACB Workshop Day
One area that we are still working on is the Agile Camp Berlin Workshop Day. After the good resonance we had during the virtual Agile Camp Berlin 2020, we are planning to renew the offer. We will keep you posted!
✋ Do Not Miss Out and Keep up-to-date on the Agile Camp Berlin 2021: Join the 9,000-plus Strong ‘Hands-on Agile’ Slack Community
I invite you to join the “Hands-on Agile” Slack Community and enjoy the benefits of a fast-growing, vibrant community of agile practitioners from around the world.
If you like to join all you have to do now is provide your credentials via this Google form, and I will sign you up. By the way, it’s free.
Virtual Agile Camp Berlin 2021 — Related Posts:
📅 Scrum Training & Event Schedule
You can secure your seat for Scrum training classes, workshops, and meetups directly by following the corresponding link in the table below:
|Date||Class and Language||City||Price|
|🖥 💯 🇬🇧 June 20-23, 2022||GUARANTEED: Professional Scrum Master Training (PSM I; English; Live Virtual Class)||Live Virtual Class||€1.189 incl. 19% VAT|
|🖥 💯 🇩🇪 June 28-July 1, 2022||GUARANTEED: Professional Scrum Product Owner Training (PSPO I; German; Live Virtual Class)||Live Virtual Class||€1.189 incl. 19% VAT|
|🖥 💯 🇬🇧 July 14, 2022||GUARANTEED: Hands-on Agile 43: Outcome-Based Product Planning with Jeff Gothelf (English; Live Virtual Meetup)||Live Virtual Meetup||FREE
|🖥 🇩🇪 August 29-30, 2022||Professional Scrum Master Training (PSM I; German; Live Virtual Class)||Live Virtual Class||€1.189 incl. 19% VAT|
|🖥 🇬🇧 September 6-9, 2022||Advanced Professional Scrum Master Online Training (PSM II; English; Live Virtual Class)||Live Virtual Class||€1.189 incl. 19% VAT|
|🖥 🇩🇪 September 26-27, 2022||Professional Agile Leadership Essentials Schulung (PAL I; German; Live Virtual Class)||Live Virtual Class||€1.189 incl. 19% VAT|
You can book your seat for the training directly by following the corresponding links to the ticket shop. If the procurement process of your organization requires a different purchasing process, please contact Berlin Product People GmbH directly.