TL;DR: Anonymous Poll ‘Scrum Master Salary Report 2017’
The purpose of this anonymous poll is to create a clear, data-backed benchmark that allows everyone in the agile community to get an understanding whether her or his compensation is adequate.
The report will cover Scrum Master as well as Agile Coaches, both employed and freelancing.
To generate an acceptable first report, we will need at least 500 answers. A larger sample would allow providing more detailed insights, though.
Update June 8th, 2017
When we started the survey, I thought that we would collect data until May 1st, and have the report available by the end of May. That turned out to be a bit too optimistic given that four people are involved in creating the survey.
Therefore, we like to share in advance some of the findings from the 2017 Scrum Master Salary Report:
- Women have astounding chances and salary possibilities in the field. (We could not identify a gender pay gap.)
- The United States is the highest paying country for Scrum Masters, while India is the lowest.
- Without some form of certification, getting into the career path is almost impossible.
- Additional education has no effect on salary.
- Some form of previous experience is often a prerequisite.
- If you are in for the money, become a freelancer.
We are working hard to make the report available by the end of June—and we kindly ask for your patience… 🙏
The Scrum Master Salary Report will become an application: As we keep getting new replies—we have already more than 650 as of today—we are planning to turn the report into a small application you can query yourself.
Update May 1st, 2017
Things went much better than anticipated:
- We gathered 523 replies which will provide the data for a relevant survey.
- I expect that the Scrum Master Salary Report 2017 will be available by the end of May.
- The next goal is to extend this dataset and build an application on top of it that is available for free, the Scrum Master Salary Calculator.
The more, the merrier – so please join the effort, and contribute to the ‘Scrum Master Salary Calculator’: Participate in the ‘Scrum Master Salary Report 2017’ survey now…