TL; DR: How to Make Agile Work in Fast-Growing Startups
For years, I worked in several Berlin-based, fast-growing startups in my capacity as Scrum Master, agile coach, and Product Owner. These are my lessons learned on making ‘agile’ — including Scrum as a framework — work in a fast-growing startup. Also, let me introduce you to the anti-patterns agile startups shall avoid at all costs.
The Agile Camp Berlin Workshop Day — An Exciting Opportunity for Professionals
Extend your learning experience at the ACB20 by attending one of five high-class one-day workshops, well-known trainers and coaches will offer at the Agile Camp Berlin Workshop Day on October 22, 2020.
Choose between the following five training classes:
Terms & Conditions
The following terms and conditions apply to the ACB Workshop Day:
- 🇬🇧 Please note, that the class language in all cases is English unless otherwise stated.
- All classes offered at the Agile Camp Berlin can be booked separately from the attendance of the Agile Camp Berlin 2020 with the respective trainer. Please note that this also implies that the attendance of a workshop does not include a ticket for the Agile Camp Berlin 2020.
- However, we have an additional 20 ACB20 tickets reserved for workshop attendees who do not have a ticket for the conference yet. (There are no more public tickets available for the ACB20 at this moment.)
- The respective trainers provide all workshops. The Berlin Product People GmbH as the organizer of the Agile Camp Berlin 2020, is not involved in the organization of any workshops; any contract is between the workshop attendee and the respective trainer.
- Lastly, please also note that the Professional Scrum Master Training PSM I is a 2-day class and hence will take place on April 7-8, 2020; that is a week earlier than the one-day classes.
📅 Agile Camp Berlin 2020 — Sold Out & Introducing the Waiting List.
TL; DR: Product Mindset and Ownership in Scrum Teams
There is one product, one Product Owner, one Product Backlog — a simple rule. How is that supposed to scale, you might ask, isn’t that approach turning the Product Owner into the Scrum team’s bottleneck, impeding value creation rather than spearheading it? Well, cargo cult Scrum might end up in that dead-end. The trick to avoiding this fate is to start including the Development Team as early as possible in Product Backlog management which requires a product mindset.
Learn more about how to kick-off this process with an initial day-long product mindset workshop for your Scrum team.
TL;DR: Liberating Structures Scrum Workshop
Join us for another exciting LS Scrum workshop on September 7th, 2019, in Berlin. Following up on our first workshop, We will continue exploring LS microstructures, weave them into strings and apply those to Scrum’s soft underbelly — the product side, or figuring out what is worth building. Please note that participants should already understand Scrum as well as product management in general. Furthermore, first experiences with Liberating Structures, e.g. from a Meetup, would be desirable. The workshop language is English.
The LS Scrum training class will take place at the Alte Kantine Wedding on Saturday, September 7th, 2019, from 9:00 am to 5:30 pm.
TL;DR: Liberating Structures 4 Scrum Workshop
Join us for an exciting Liberating Structures Scrum workshop on July 6th, 2019 in Berlin. We will be exploring several microstructures, weave them into strings and apply those to Scrum events like the Daily Scrum, the Sprint Review, or the Sprint Retrospective. The workshop language will be English.
The Liberating Structures 4 Scrum workshop will take place at the Alte Kantine Wedding on Saturday, July 6th, 2019, from 9 am to 5 pm.
How I Practiced Processes in Recent Agile Workshops
During the last 12 months, I participated in three inspiring workshops–I enjoyed all of them: